James' recipe for chili. In general, the philosophy is to keep adding stuff until dinner time. However, this version leaves out many of the typical stuff I use, since I'm trying to document it.
Other potential ingredients include bell peppers, molasses, tobasco sauce, salsa, minced garlic, and other types of beans. Next time?
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 15 oz can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 8.75 oz can corn
- 1 bottle beer (1/26/08: Jumping Cow Amber Ale)
- 1.5 large white onion, diced
- In a large saucepan, brown the turkey and attempt to drain the fat.
- Add chili powder and hope it permeates the meat.
- Add other ingredients.
- Boil for a while.
- Serve with a little grated cheddar cheese on top.
January 26, 2008 -- It's been a long time since I made chili. I thought I'd document it so I can improve it. Since the kids are young, this will be milder than if I had free reign. Everyone liked it, though.